The Greater Vancouver Food Bank has distribution locations across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and North Vancouver. Each week we assist 28,000 people to access our services through our community food hubs and partner agencies.
Our Mission: Providing healthy food to those in need.
Our Vision: Healthy communities through fair and effective food systems.
Volunteering with us
As an extremely valued volunteer you can look forward to developing new skills and experience personal growth, while interacting with like-minded individuals who also want to make a difference in the community.
About the role
Come and join us where you will play a key role in supporting our operations team. This role will suit someone with good warehouse skills and a strong attention to detail. You will be assisting with sorting food donations inside the warehouse. Most importantly we require our volunteers in this role to be helpful, kind and supportive.
Shift days and times: Monday to Friday: 9am-12pm or 1pm-4pm
Training and support is provided to assist you to be successful in your role.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be able to take direction.
- Work at a fairly quick pace.
- Be kind, friendly, supportive and helpful.
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Be able to move and stand for around 4-5 hours.
- Be organized, dependable and reliable.
Our head office is located at 8345 Winston St. Burnaby.
Benefits and impact:
- Helping families and individuals in need.
- Meeting like-minded volunteers who share a love for helping those in the community
- Volunteers will receive training and develop new skills.
- All volunteers must apply online to volunteer with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
- All volunteers for this role must be 14 years or older.