Volunteer Logistics Coordinator
Based on the report by the BC Center for Disease Control (BCCDC) about one in nine households (11.8%) in British Columbia could be considered food insecure.
Refood Food Rescue Foundation is a non-profit social enterprise that responds to this issue by reducing food waste, re-purposing ugly foods, and re-educating the public about food.
By partnering with grocers and local non-profit organizations we serve at-risk populations with surplus food that otherwise would have gone to waste. Despite all the challenges, proudly we delivered 216,000 meals to those in need during the second half of 2020.
- Answer general inquiries regarding scheduling and supplies by telephone and email.
- Prepare & maintain pickup & delivery schedules for drivers & food distributors.
- Develop run sheets schedules, establish priorities, and oversee the activities of team members.
- Train and mentor new team members in job duties, safety procedures, and reporting policies & procedures.
- Be the first point of contact for team members/ food distributors and ensure that all concerns and issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Work with site supervisors/volunteer food distributors to confirm supplies required for each site
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in an extremely busy environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated commitment to providing superior, timely internal and external customer service.
- Proven commitment to accuracy and attention to detail.
- Having a vehicle and Class 5 Driver’s License will be an asset.
The Volunteer Logistics Coordinator will have end-to-end accountability of scheduling and address all logistics requirements.
Refood will provide a letter of recommendation to the Volunteer Logistics Coordinator at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference, if appropriate.