Virtual Strategic Planning Facilitator
Link to the Mission:
Vantage Point’s mission is to transform not-for-profit leadership throughout BC by convening, connecting, and equipping leaders to lift organizational capacity. One way in which we achieve our mission is by facilitating strategic planning processes and sessions for not-for-profit organizations in BC – from education to the environment, homelessness to health care, arts and culture to international aid. Now, more than ever, not-for-profit boards and staff teams are looking to Vantage Point to support virtual planning and training and we are expanding our team of volunteer facilitators (who we call knowledge philanthropists) to address this community need.
We are currently seeking experienced facilitators to join our team of virtual strategic planners.
Our virtual Strategic Planners will develop and facilitate online strategic planning engagements with a variety of not-for-profit organizations. Through these engagements, our facilitators delve into organizational priorities and challenges within the strategic planning process, and guide boards and staff teams through visioning processes to assure long-term success of their organizations. Facilitators will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of groups, individuals and organizations in the not-for-profit community across the province.
- Complete onboarding process with Engagement Manager.
- Attend an orientation session to become familiar with Vantage Point as an organization as well as our core concepts and philosophies.
- Complete one shadowing session with a current facilitator (If needed)
- Connect with Vantage Point content experts through phone or ZOOM to understand our approach
- Share your own experiences and knowledge with participants in the session
- Provide feedback on the content and delivery structure as appropriate
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience facilitating or leading strategic processes
- Previous experience and a track record of success in online and in-person facilitation
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities
- Ability to engage an audience virtually and facilitate collaborative decision-making
- Familiarity with ZOOM, Google Docs or other virtual platforms with access to Wi-Fi, computer, and/or phone
- Commitment to learn and demonstrate an appreciative / asset-based perspective
- Clear communication skills – verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Dedication to continual learning and openness to receiving constructive feedback
- Orientation to Vantage Point, the content and process is required (2 -5 hours).
- Virtual Strategic Planning facilitators deliver sessions at a variety of times. Flexibility to work with organizations during the day, in the evenings or on weekends will be considered an asset.
- Typical virtual strategic planning engagements are spread over 1 – 3 days with 2-4 hours of online facilitation each day and would include a preparatory call with the client contact prior to the sessions.
- A commitment to the role for one year is required with the expectation to take on a minimum of two strategic planning engagements within the year.
Facilitators will report to the Engagement Manager, Shagun Bhanot.
The opportunity to:
- Develop subject matter expertise, to share your knowledge with and learn from not-for-profit leaders, and to contribute to your community in a significant way.
- Strengthen online facilitation skills and learn new tools to engage audience virtually.
- Upon request, Vantage Point will provide a recommendation on LinkedIn, a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of your term as one of our knowledge philanthropists.
- The opportunity to attend 2 virtual workshops for free at Vantage Point in one calendar year