Variety Childcare Centre Volunteer
Kiwassa Neighbourhood House is looking for energetic, caring and responsible people to assist us in our Variety Childcare Centre. We are seeking volunteers to assist with general housekeeping duties and to be a warm and reliable presence in our childcare centre. The volunteer will assist one or more days per week (depending on your availability). This position is a good fit for someone who enjoys being with children. The position provides volunteers practical experience in an early childhood education environment. Kiwassa volunteers enjoy the benefits of skill building and leadership development opportunities, and we will provide a reference upon request after three months of volunteering with us. We give preference to neighbourhood residents and those able to commit to longer-term involvement.
- Spend time with children, engaging in positive interactions and ensuring their safety
- Assist in setting up activity centers such as art, play-dough, sand, circles and outdoor play
- Help with set up and clean up - light housekeeping, cleaning, organizing, folding laundry
- Preparing healthy and nutritious snacks for children
Ideally, we are looking for someone who:
- Has good communication skills
- Is reliable, friendly, patient and comfortable with children
- Enjoys working in multi-cultural settings, non-english language skills are an asset
- Has musical or artistic talents to share with the children
- Responsible adult or ECE training would be an asset
Find out more about Kiwassa here https://www.kiwassa.ca/about-us
We are always looking for fun, enthusiastic, responsible and community-minded people to join our volunteer family. You don’t have to have a specific skill or be an expert to start volunteering with us, as long as you are willing to learn, share, contribute and make a difference in the community.
We look for support in many areas of our programming. Our volunteers work with children, youth, seniors and neighbours of all ages. Our volunteers prepare meals in the kitchen, provide tutoring support, support newcomers with interpretation, chat with neighbours at our community events, and help keep things organized behind the scenes. We have volunteers supporting in diverse community programs like crafts, dance, foodbank, summer camp, daycare and English as a Second Language classes.
We offer ongoing training for our volunteers, and an opportunity to develop your leadership, facilitation and community engagement skills. Volunteer work is a great way to gain new skills and give back to your community!
Kiwassa Neighbourhood House is looking for energetic, caring and responsible people to assist us in our Harbourview Childcare Centre. We are seeking volunteers to assist with general housekeeping duties and to be a warm and reliable presence in our childcare centre. We are hoping to find someone that wishing to join us long-term, but will appreciate short term placements as well.