VANCOUVER GENERAL HOSPITAL - Gift Shop - Customer Service Representative
The VGH Gift Shop is a volunteer operated retail store in the heart of Vancouver General Hospital. It is located on the first floor of the Jim Pattison Pavilion and its hours are: Monday to Friday: 8:30 to 7:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday: 9:30 to 6:30 pm. In this role,volunteers are able to gain interpersonal skills while interacting with all members of the hospital public who visit the Gift Shop.The profits from Gift Shop sales are part of the valuable fund raising efforts which directly benefit patient care services and Volunteer Resources Programming for Vancouver Coastal Health.
BENEFITS: The benefit to volunteering in the Gift Shop is building on your interpersonal and customer service skills as it counts as hospital experience if you are applying for other volunteer roles withih the hospital sector in the future. All healthcare volunteers and staff serve the public and the heart of public service is Customer Service.
GIFT SHOP VOLUNTEERS: If you have never volunteered in a hospital before, volunteering with the Vancouver General Hospital Gift Shop is a great place to start. In this role, volunteers will get to interact with all members of the hospital community including patients, doctors and staff. Volunteers perform a wide range of duties, get to interact with patients, and learn a wide range of customer service skills, related to a hospital setting. The Gift Shop is staffed solely by volunteers and would not be able to operate without their support. All profits from the Gift Shop go towards benefiting hospital patients, hospital technology, and enhanced patient care.
- Minimum age is 18 years of age or older *Mature, older adults are welcome!
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with the general public in English *Additional Language skills are an asset
- Ability to take direction and work under the supervision of the VGH Gift Shop Manager and the Coordinator, Volunteer Resources
- Ability to multi-task and work unsupervised in a fast paced environment
- Reliable, responsible and demonstrates good problem solving skills as volunteer are responsible for opening and closing the shop daily
- Ability to stand for the length of a shift - 3 to 4 hours
- Non-judgmental with an appreciation and respect for diversity maintaining professionalism while on shift and serving the public
- A good understanding of Canadian money and sufficient math skills to make change, and balance a float
- Able to operate a computerized cash register (training provided if needed)
- Previous Customer Service Skills are wonderful but not necessary as training will be provided
· Screening interview conducted by Coordinator of Volunteers
· Must successfully complete a Criminal Record Check from the BC Ministry of Justice
· Must successfully complete two mandatory online training modules
· Must provide two professional references
· Must attend 2 orientation training sessions