Now is an exciting time to join the Tumour Foundation. We are a vibrant charitable organization and we are rapidly growing. We are seeking a dedicated Board Member to take on the role of Treasurer.
The Tumour Foundation of BC is a dynamic organization that has been serving the community living with neurofibromatosis (NF) since 1984. NF is a genetic disorder which causes tumours to grow in and on the body and affects over two million people worldwide.
If you are interested in this role, please apply now!
As a Treasurer, your mission is to...
- Assist with the development of the budget in consultation with the Board and staff
- Interpret financial reports and sharing findings and concerns regularly with the Board at meetings (held virtually on the first Wednesday of each month at 7pm)
- Provide guidance and advisement on financial investments
- Assess the financial results of fundraising ventures and new programs
- Engage in other general duties required by the members of the Board
- Attend virtual monthly meetings, a yearly in-person strategic planning session, and year-round special events.
- Support those living with neurofibromatosis
We require an individual who has expertise in accounting and financial forecasting. Working with non-profit boards is definitely an asset.