Thrift Store Boutique - Retail and Merchandising Volunteers Needed!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you looking for an opportunity to spend a few hours of your time volunteering for a great cause? SOS Children's Village Thrift Store Foundation raises money for SOS BC, providing homes and support for Children and Youth at Risk (sosbc.org)
We provide support and programs for healing and hope, to help foster children & youth in need grow into caring, self-reliant adults.
" Do you love thrift"? If so our Steveston store is looking for volunteers to assist us in the day to day running of our busy "thrifty boutique". If you have 4 to 6 hours per week we would love to meet you.
- Sorting and replenishing stock
- Creating a clean and professional friendly atmosphere
- Assisting guests with their purchases
- Organizing product and displays
- Cashier Duties
- Assist managers with inventory control
- Customer service to our store clientele
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team (takes initiative)
· Effective time management/priority setting abilities
· Anticipate future needs/self-starter
· Strong interpersonal/customer service skills
. Criminal record check required
Great Reasons to Volunteer:
- Be a part of the community
- Networking ~ Meet new people and make new friends
- Self-growth & experience
- Learn new skills or utilize the ones you have
- Make a difference while feeling appreciated
More information about our SOS BC and the SOS Thrift Store Foundation can be found on our website at www.sosthriftstorefoundation.com.