Sunday Concert Volunteers at Louis Brier Home & Hospital
Louis Brier Home & Hospital is seeking caring individuals to help usher residents from the main floor to the 2nd floor, for our weekly Sunday Afternoon Concert series.
- Volunteers are highly valued by staff, residents and their families. Our volunteers enchance the lives of our residents and your time and effort are an important element in Louis Brier Home & Hospital's commitment to quality care.
- This is a wonderful opportunity for someone who is caring, compassionate and interested in listening to some beautiful music on Sundays.
- A criminal record check for working with the vulnerable sector is mandatory upon recruition.
- We require a minimum 4 month commitment.
- Shifts will be 1:00pm to 3:30pm. After settling everyone in for the concert, you are welcome to sit and enjoy the concert along with residents & then assist residents back to their rooms after the concert.
- Engage in friendly and positive conversation with residents.
- Comply with proper hand hygiene and confidentiality procedures.
- Advise staff of any issues or concerns that arise during your volunteer shift.
- Able to assist elders who have physical and/or cognitive challenges.
- Physically capable of pushing elders in wheelchairs and assisting those with mobility issues.
- Friendly, reliable, patient and respectful.
Role is suitable for:
How to apply:
call or email for an application www.louisbrier.com
Julie Cameron, Volunteer Coordinator
Arts & Culture
To provide exemplary resident and family-centred for seniors through partnerships and collaboration.
Number of volunteers required:
Position start/end date:
14 Jan 2020
3 Hours Per Week
Time of day:
Louis Brier Home & Hospital
1055 West 41st Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6M 1W9