Special Events Volunteer - Serving It Right Certified
Special Events volunteers with Serving It Right Certification are needed to provide their skills during our special events and opening receptions where alcohol is served.
Opening receptions take place 6 - 10 times a year from our gorgeous gallery location on Granville Island, and usually take place Thursday evenings from 6 - 8 PM.
Volunteer duties take place at our serving station, and volunteers can expect to be interacting with many guests and artists throughout the evening.
Sometimes we host special events, fundraisers and satellite exhibitions at different locations, you could be asked to help with ShowOff our live painting event or our gala fundraisers, if these interest you!
You'll work alongside the Gallery and Volunteer Coordinator, or Fine Art Consultant, and sometimes with other Special Events Volunteers, depending on which event you participate in.
- Set-up the serving station and polish glassware
- Greet guests and let them know about the wine selections
- Adhere to Serving It Right guidelines and serving sizes
- Scout the gallery for glassware during slower serving times
- Replenish wine bottles and store used ones
- Clean and polish glassware
- Assist with the take-down of the serving station
Serving It Right Certification - https://www.responsibleservicebc.gov.bc.ca/
Special Events Volunteers are required to dress professionally for our events and should be comfortable with doing some light lifting and cleaning duties.