Special Events Assistant Coordinator - Gift & Auction Acquisitions
To work collaboratively with the Development Team to enhance revenue potential for local Diabetes Canada’s fundraising events and community fundraising initiatives.
SUSTAINED OUTCOMES OF THIS ROLE:
• Increase in community fundraising will support Diabetes Canada's mission and impact.
• Awareness of the Diabetes Canada brand will improve at the community levels.
• Engage local businesses and companies (via telephone, email, or mail) to request and solicit the donation of gifts and/or auction items to be used at fundraising events for or on behalf of Diabetes Canada
• Assist Development Team with partnership, event execution, planning, stewardship, research, and documentation
• Use Auction Tracker software program to input donation details as received
• Compile, track and maintain a detailed list of potential donors and contact information
• Pick up donated gifts and auction items, where possible
• Ensure thank you letters and certificates are forwarded to donors
• Play an important role as part of the Diabetes Canada team and take part in team planning meetings
• Comfort with active solicitation of donations from potential donors for items and submission of donation forms by required deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Work independently with some direction/guidance, and in a team environment
• Second language is welcome
• Engaging and outgoing personality
• Working comfort with MS Office suite
• Represent Diabetes Canada in a professional manner
• Positive, caring, non-judgmental approach with members of the public
• Play an integral role in supporting and increasing Diabetes Canada's fundraising activities and revenue potential
• Enhance administrative, communication, event planning, and organizational skills