Registration Form Consultant
The mission of the Writers’ Exchange is to get inner-city kids excited about reading, writing and their own potential. Prior to participating in Writers’ Exchange programs, all children and youth are required to return a registration form that includes their contact information as well as a signed agreement by a parent/guardian allowing their child/youth to participate in Writers’ Exchange programs. The Registration Form Consultant will provide feedback and guidance to the Program Manager on updating registration forms to make them more accessible. Updating and condensing the current registration forms with a simpler layout and simpler language will make them easier for parents and guardians to complete as well as help program staff to collect necessary participant information.
- Review this position description with the Program Manager over the phone or by video chat to clarify expectations, schedule and goals, as well as the mission and values of the Writers’ Exchange
- Review registration forms with the Program Manager and provide constructive feedback and clear recommendations regarding improvements for the following areas:
- Use of clear, simple language
- Length of form
- Writers’ Exchange description and program information
- Layout and design of the form
- Experience working and communicating with vulnerable and marginalized communities who may face literacy challenges and may not speak English as a first language
- Experience in creating content that can be easily translated to other languages
- Experience creating forms and documents that reduce barriers
- Experience in document design and layout
- Bonus: ability to translate or find resources to translate forms to Simplified Chinese and potentially other languages
As the Registration Form Consultant, the contribution of your skills will help us improve participant intake systems for program staff and program participants. As a result, participants and their families will have an easy-to-navigate form that is quicker to fill out and easier to understand. Program staff will also have quicker access to important participant information, which will help with efficiency in retrieving participant information and inputting data.