Queen’s Park Healthcare Foundation Gift Shop
To provide customer service to the residents/patients/clients, visitors and staff of Queen’s Park Care Centre in the Gift Shop. To provide an opportunity for residents/patients to exercise their independence and make purchases.
- Monday: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Count float and set up cash register.
- Complete sale transactions and operate cash register.
- Restock shelves as needed and complete pricing.
- Interact and socialize with customers (customer service) and assist as needed.
- If end of day shift, cash out and balance float.
- Ability to understand and be understood in English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (discretion, courtesy, empathy).
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to follow the Fraser Health Respectful Workplace Policy that includes working with a variety of individuals from different backgrounds (ages, ethnic, cultural, etc).
- Knowledge and compliance with infection control requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and set appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position i.e. push wheelchair, stand/sit for long periods, etc. (where applicable).
- Reference and Criminal Record Screening.
- Minimum 6 month commitment.
- Comfortable with cash handling.
Role is suitable for:
How to apply:
Volunteer Resources Department
Health, Social Services
Number of volunteers required:
Position start/end date:
5 Dec 2019
3 Hours Per Week
Time of day:
Queen's Park Care Centre
315 McBride Blvd
New Westminster, BC V3L 5E8