QPCC Therapeutic Recreation - Pokeno
To provide the residents of Queen's Park Care Centre the opportunity to play a favorite and classic game, Pokeno. This provides the residents with an opportunity for enjoyable competition as well as socialization and mental stimulation.
Shift Available: Monday: 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Ability to understand and be understood in English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (discretion, courtesy, empathy).
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to follow the Fraser Health Respectful Workplace Policy that includes working with a variety of individuals from different backgrounds (ages, ethnic, cultural, etc).
- Knowledge and compliance with infection control requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and set appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position i.e. push wheelchair, stand/sit for long periods, etc. (where applicable).
- Have a basic understanding of dementia and how to communicate with individuals with dementia.
- Reference and Criminal Record Screening.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum Age: 16 years (High school student applicants must be in School District 40/41)
- Minimum Commitment: Six months (Two - five hours once a week)
- A current criminal record check and two references
- Proficient in English