QPCC Therapeutic Recreation - Baking Program
To engage the residents in a baking program which provides socialization and mental stimulation.
Available Shift: Wednesday: 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Ability to understand and be understood in English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (discretion, courtesy, empathy).
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to follow the Fraser Health Respectful Workplace Policy that includes working with a variety of individuals from different backgrounds (ages, ethnic, cultural, etc).
- Knowledge and compliance with infection control requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and set appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position i.e. push wheelchair, stand/sit for long periods, etc. (where applicable).
- Reference and Criminal Record Screening.
Role is suitable for:
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum Age: 16 years (High school student applicants must be in School District 40/41)
- Minimum Commitment: Six months (Two - five hours once a week)
- A current criminal record check and two references
- Proficient in English
- Applicants must apply using the online application. See the link below.
How to apply:
Volunteer Resources Department
Health, Social Services
Number of volunteers required:
Position start/end date:
13 Nov 2019
2 Hours Per Week
Time of day:
Queen's Park Care Centre
315 McBride Blvd
New Westminster, BC V3L 5E8