QPCC Therapeutic Recreation - Afternoon Tea
This program provides a social setting that enhances the enjoyment of refreshments and entertainment, encourages residents to sing and reminisce and provides the residents and their family members an opportunity to socialize, welcome new residents and celebrate birthdays.
Available Shift: Thursday: 1:30pm-4:00pm
- Ability to understand and be understood in English.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (discretion, courtesy, empathy).
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to follow the Fraser Health Respectful Workplace Policy that includes working with a variety of individuals from different backgrounds (ages, ethnic, cultural, etc).
- Knowledge and compliance with infection control requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and set appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of position i.e. push wheelchair, stand/sit for long periods, etc. (where applicable).
- Reference and Criminal Record Screening.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum Age: 16 years (High school student applicants must be in School District 40/41)
- Minimum Commitment: Six months (Two - five hours once a week)
- A current criminal record check and two references
- Proficient in English
- Applicants must apply online using the online application. See link below.