Program Assistant - Make a difference for Stroke Survivors - Chilliwack Stroke Recovery Program
Are you passionate about making a difference, and do you want to contribute to the quality of life of stroke survivors? We are seeking an enthusiastic VOLUNTEER for our Chilliwack Stroke Recovery program.
The Chilliwack Stroke Recovery program, held at the Evergeen Hall, stroke survivors participate in exercises, communication practice, and educational opportunities, and enjoy social interaction and peer support. It's a friendly, close-knit, fun, supportive and social group.
You'll be assisting the Program Coordinator with the delivery of the program, mostly by engaging group members in the activities and conversation.
The program takes place every Wednesday 9:00-12:30pm.
March of Dimes Canada is proud to be affiliated with SRABC, and the two organizations collaborate on volunteer recruitment and engagement.
WHY VOLUNTEER WITH US?
- Be a part of our close-knit and friendly group and meet people in your community
- Work directly with participants and make an immediate impact
- Excellent opportunity for acquiring volunteer hours in a health-related field
- Gain knowledge in understanding the needs of those impacted by the effects of a stroke
- Regularly scheduled weekly shift
- New Canadians and English Language Learners most welcome!
Duties involve helping participants with exercises/activities; engaging group members in social activities and conversation; and a bit of room setup and cleanup.
Are you friendly, warm and interested in talking with people? Do people describe and see you as an energetic, enthusiastic and encouraging personality who is patient, warm and empathetic at the same time?
Besides that, you are a teamplayer, able to take direction, conscientious and reliable and you have experience with interacting with people with disabilities – or a desire to learn!
Volunteers are required to undergo screening, including a criminal record review, to work with vulnerable adults.