Nature Club Leader (NatureKids Oceanside)
NatureKids is currently recruiting for a volunteer co-leader (or 2 volunteer co-leaders) for the Oceanside (Parksville area) Family Club. Fun and very rewarding volunteer position helping to organize monthly 'Explorer Day' field trips, outdoors as much as possible. You can lead these yourself or find a Nature Mentor in your community e.g. retired biologist, keen birder or local bee keeper! NatureKids is designed to get children aged 5-12 years old and their families outside exploring nature! References required. Contact Christina Chowaniec: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.naturekidsbc.ca
NatureKids BC is widely recognized as a leader in enabling BC's children to achieve their full potential derived from exposure to nature, it is the only organization of its kind in BC and the largest provincial network of nature clubs for children and families.
- Create a welcoming, safe, and FUN club!
- Share your enthusiasm for nature and model respectful behaviour outdoors.
- Organize Explorer Days (outdoors as much as possible) to help children have fun, learn about, and connect with nature. Explorer Days are typically offered once a month, Sept-June, on a weekend for 1.5-2 hours.
- Communicate with club members and the head office.
- Foster positive relationships with Nature Mentors in your community.
- Promote the club and recruit new members.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Familiar and comfortable using computers and email; experience with social media an asset.
- Reliable and responsible.
- Experience with children, environmental education and/or knowledge an asset.
- Interested in making a difference and having fun while doing so!