Kiwassa Ambassador/Street Team
We're looking for energized, outgoing, professional and approachable people who are keen to represent Kiwassa at outreach events including community markets, festivals, foodbank days, open houses and more! Our Kiwassa Ambassadors will learn about all of our programs and be a voice for Kiwassa at community events - linking neighbours to the work we do, and bridging connections between our programs to ensure we're providing interconnected support and building strong community leadership in Hastings-Sunrise. This opportunity is a good fit for someone who enjoys speaking to the general public and is a warm, friendly presence when meeting someone new. Kiwassa volunteers enjoy the benefits of skill building and leadership development opportunities, and we will provide a reference upon request after three months of volunteering with us. We give preference to neighbourhood residents and those able to commit to longer-term involvement.
- Attend Fall training to learn about the programs and how to engage community members in our work
- Attend approximately one event per month as a Kiwassa Ambassador
- Engage with community members letting them know about our programs and look for opportunities to connect them to our work - as a participant, as a facilitator or as a volunteer!
- Communicate reliably with Community Engagement Coordinator for any additoinal follow-up needed
Ideally, we're looking for someone who is:
- Friendly, enthusiastic and passionate about community work
- A people person and finds it easy to talk to people you don't know (yet)
- A connector who enjoys building bridges and ensuring people reach the support and opportunities they're interested in
- Respectful and enjoys interacting with others in a multicultural setting
- Reliable with good communication skills
- Has Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish or Vietnamese language skills
Find out more about Kiwassa here https://www.kiwassa.ca/about-us
We are always looking for fun, enthusiastic, responsible and community-minded people to join our volunteer family. You don’t have to have a specific skill or be an expert to start volunteering with us, as long as you are willing to learn, share, contribute and make a difference in the community.
We look for support in many areas of our programming. Our volunteers work with children, youth, seniors and neighbours of all ages. Our volunteers prepare meals in the kitchen, provide tutoring support, support newcomers with interpretation, chat with neighbours at our community events, and help keep things organized behind the scenes. We have volunteers supporting in diverse community programs like crafts, dance, foodbank, summer camp, daycare and English as a Second Language classes.
We offer ongoing training for our volunteers, and an opportunity to develop your leadership, facilitation and community engagement skills. Volunteer work is a great way to gain new skills and give back to your community!