Kay's Place Information & Referral Volunteer
The Kay’s Place Information and Referral office, located in the Denman Mall, plays a critical role in our organization by connecting adults in the West End aged 55+ with the services and information that they require. Volunteers meet with clients in person or over the phone, discuss their needs with them, and inform them about the services that are available to them at the local, municipal, provincial, and federal levels.
If you want to help people while learning about the supports that are offered to older adults then this could be a great fit for you!
We are currently recruiting people to join our team. Various shifts are available, including: Wednesday 10:00 am - 1:00 pm; Friday 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Please let us know your availability in your introduction email, and/or volunteer application.
• Interact with clients in person and on the phone to provide them with information and or referral
• Search the internet and other resources to look up the services that are available to seniors
• Attend volunteer meetings and skill-development workshops
• Friendly, compassionate, and approachable
• Computer literate and able to look up information online
• Strong communication skills in person and over the phone
• Respectful of our clients differences and their ability to make their own decisions
• Reliable and able to commit to volunteering at least once a week for at least three months
• Aware of the importance of confidentiality
• Knowledge of other languages is an asset
Benefits of volunteering with WESN include:
• Joining an exceptional team of 200+ volunteers who make a difference in the lives of hundreds of seniors each year
• Invitations to volunteer appreciation events, including our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon, as well as training and workshops on
• A letter of reference after 3 months of volunteering