Income Tax Screener
To provide support to the Income Tax Clinic by assessing the eligibility criteria for low income seniors and people with disabilities.
The 411 Seniors Centre is a multi-purpose drop-in centre for seniors located in downtown Vancouver. Its main purpose is to provide low-cost, prevention-based services, programs and self-directed activities to seniors in the Greater Vancouver area.
Preparation of simple income tax returns for low-income seniors and people with disabilities - Keep tally sheet of number of clients served - Refer income tax clients to Information and Referral Volunteers for additional assistance if needed - Will observe good ethical skills and maintain client confidentiality - Follow policies and procedures for the 411 taxation - Notify the Coordinator of planned absences
Good communication skills and an empathetic manner - Reliable, organized and detail-oriented - Ability to work as part of a team with volunteers, clients and staff - Knowledge of other language(s) is helpful
- Increase practical skills in completing income tax returns
- Gain experience working with seniors
- Certificate of Appreciation from 411 Seniors Centre
- Invitation to 411 Seniors Centre's Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Reference letter for exceptional volunteers