HR Assistant Volunteer
Newer employees have shared feedback about not feeling supported or fully trained throughout the onboarding process and we have found that onboarding varies from manager to manager. Coast would benefit from an onboarding guide or resource from managers to ensure new staff feel fully supported.
- Research onboarding best practices
- Compile and summarize information on other organizations’ onboarding programs for new staff
- Conduct internal research on survey feedback from new staff and via interviews with frontline managers on current practices and areas to improve
- In collaboration with the HR Manager, develop an onboarding guide for managers designed to simplify the process for managers and improve the overall onboarding experience for new staff
- Design a presentation for managers giving an overview of onboarding best practices
- Can work remotely – will need laptop and internet connection. Ideally the candidate would be available to come into the office if needed.
If there is additional time available, there is additional work/projects available within the HR department
- Computer/administrative skills.
- Knowledge of HR best practices is an asset.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A student studying human resources, business administration/commerce, or psychology would be ideal.