Hospice Thrift Store Volunteer
HOSPICE THRIFT STORE VOLUNTEERS
Crossroads Hospice THRIFT STORE
2780 Barnet Hwy, Coquitlam
Do you love “thrifting” and helping others?
If so, our busy registered charity thrift store in Coquitlam is looking for volunteers to assist us in the day to day running of our popular shop!
Do you have 4 hours per week to commit for 6 months or more, if so, we would love to meet you!
Sorting and replenishing stock
Creating a clean and professional friendly atmosphere
Assisting guests with their purchases
Organizing product and displays
Great Reasons to Volunteer:
Be a part of the community
Networking ~ Meet new people and make new friends
Self-growth & experience
Learn new skills or utilize the ones you have
Make a difference while feeling appreciated
Interested in Volunteering?
Please stop by the store for an application or email us with the following information and we’ll contact you!
Your first name and last name
Your telephone number(s)
Your email address
A little blurb about yourself and why you are interested in volunteering with Crossroads Hospice Thrift Store
We are a non-profit thrift store and all proceeds from the shop proudly support Crossroads Hospice Society’s services and program including Crossroads Inlet Centre Hospice residence, community palliative support services and grief and loss programs for adults and youth.
Job Type: Volunteer
Minimum Age and Commitment:
- Minuimum 15 yeras of age for Hospice Thrift Store
- Able to maintain a regular schedule for 6 months (shifts are 4 hours once/twice a week)
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Two references (not close friends or family members)
- Legally eligible to volunteer in Canada (ie. Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident)
- A criminal record clearance, if selected
The Selection Process:
- Screening includes application, interview, references, orientation and training. Placed is based on your skills, abilities, interests and schedule. Please note that only those considered for placement will be contacted for an interview. If you are not selected for placement, your application will be kept on file for six months.