HeretoHelp data entry and web support Application deadline: September 15, 2019
This position will report to the Editorial Coordinator, and is ideal for someone seeking experience with maintaining websites. The HeretoHelp website has almost 1500 pages and last year received over 3 million visits and almost 6 million downloads, so good maintenance plays a vital role in our capacity to educate and support British Columbians.
You will need to commit to a minimum of 3 hours per week for at least six months. Flexible working hours. After orientation, work can be done from home or our office location.
Please apply with resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
• Update existing content to a popular education website with good-quality mental health and substance use information (www.heretohelp.bc.ca)
• Assist with quality assurance, such as reviewing pages and editing to meet style guidelines
• Assist with site maintenance, such as fixing links, managing files, and preparing images
• Posting new site content
• Implement search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
Interest in mental health/substance use education and personal experience with mental health or substance use problems is an asset. Although an orientation to the website and training regarding specific tasks and ongoing feedback will be provided, the following skills are essential:
• Quick learner
• Solid computer skills
• Experience with Drupal or similar content management system (WordPress etc).
• Basic knowledge of HTML helpful
• Experience with Photoshop or photo editing software an asset
• Fluency in English
References, job opportunities, certificate of completion after one year, and clarity of volunteer's career path. Some expenses covered (such as travel) and formal volunteer appreciation twice a year agency-wide.