Health Contact Centre Volunteers
The Lower Mainland Purpose Society for Youth and Families has the following volunteer opportunities available:
Position: Health Contact Centre Volunteer
Location: 40 Begbie Street, New Westminster, B.C.
Hours: Flexible hours between 3:00pm to 11:00pm (Monday to Sunday)
The Purpose Society is establishing the Health Contact Centre which is the first safe consumption site in New Westminster. In addition to providing a site where, substances can be used safely, the Centre will offer other programs to enhance the psychosocial outcomes of program participants.
The primary duty of the volunteers is to ensure that visitors to the Health Contact Centre feel welcome, understand site requirements, and everyone is safe.
- Greets clients
- Escorts them to check-in station
- Escorts them to services they request: safe use site, drug testing, harm reduction supplies or other services
- Sanitizes stations, work areas and high touch areas
- Ensures that clients are wearing masks and using hand sanitizer
- Distribute harm reduction supplies
- Complete needle sweeps of the surrounding area as required
- Relevant experience with the program’s client population
- Knowledge of common drugs and their effects
- Must be physically and mentally able to be on your feet for long periods, take on physical tasks and work in a fast paced environment
- Must follow Covid protocols, wear a mask and sanitize/wash hands frequently