Happy Hour Hoppers Leader
The mission of the West End Seniors' Network (WESN) is to enhance the quality of life of older adults by providing social, recreational, educational and supportive programs and services that foster connection and inclusion in the broader community.
"Happy Hour Hoppers" is a new program which will provide a fun social experience for older adults (55+) in the West End to meet new people and enjoy some of the many pubs and bars in the area.
The "Happy Hour Hoppers" Leader will be first at the venue, will gather the group and secure a table. They will also be in charge of taking and reporting attendance to Manager of Programs
All participants including the leader will pay for their own food and drinks.
This is a once a month commitment, for 2- 3 hours. Because this is a new program, we are flexible on the day of the week to meet and can work with your schedule though probably a regular evening will work best.
Arrange venues and tables each month, provide a welcoming and inclusive group environment, facilitate conversation, communicate with Program Manager in a timely way, keep and report participant count
• Outgoing, sociable, can create a fun, welcoming, inclusive atmosphere
• Reliable and able to volunteer with us for at least three months
Benefits of volunteering with WESN include:
• Joining an exceptional team of 220+ volunteers who make a difference in the lives of hundreds of seniors each year
• Invitations to volunteer appreciation events, including our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon, as well as trainings and workshops on seniors-related issues
• A letter of reference after 3 months of volunteering