Grocery Shopping Program: Wednesday Morning Callers (IGA on Burrard)
The West End Seniors' Network (WESN) is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of older adults by providing social, recreational, educational and supportive programs and services that foster connection and inclusion in the broader community.
To help home-bound seniors remain healthy and independent, we offer a free grocery shopping and delivery service. This program is critical to the well-being of isolated clients who are unable to shop for themselves.
Volunteers are needed for:
WEDNESDAY 830 am - 11am IGA Burrard - Calling seniors, taking phone shopping orders. Get to know our seniors while helping them to get their groceries.
If you are detail oriented, have strong communication skills, and want to help some of the most vulnerable seniors in the West End then this is the volunteer job for you! You'll also get to know the wonderful shopping team!
- Make calls to seniors on Wednesday afternoons and take their shopping lists
- Keep all client information confidential
- A criminal record check is required
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Friendly, patient, and compassionate
• Able to work independently and exercise good judgement
• Detail oriented
• Able to speak, read, and write in English
• Respectful of client's confidentiality
Benefits of volunteering with WESN include:
• Joining an exceptional team of 220+ volunteers who make a difference in the lives of hundreds of seniors each year
• Invitations to volunteer appreciation events, including our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon, as well as trainings and workshops on seniors-related issues
• A letter of reference after 3 months of volunteering