Graphic Designer, Shelter Movers Vancouver
Shelter Movers provides moving and storage services at no cost to women and children fleeing abuse. We are the only organization of our kind in Canada, and our volunteers are no less exceptional. Every year, in collaboration with community partners, our volunteer teams contribute over 15,000 hours to support people transitioning to lives free of violence and abuse. Our Vancouver chapter has been operational since November 2018 and has completed over 140 moves in that time span. We are growing and looking to add caring and compassionate people to our volunteer team.
The Graphic Designer, reporting to the Marketing Manager, will have an integral role in the Marketing Team of Shelter Movers Vancouver. Main responsibilities include planning, designing, and producing graphics and communication materials for promotional use.
- Work closely with the local and national Marketing team as well as the Fund Development team
- Design and produce graphics and events materials for events of Shelter Movers Vancouver
- Plan and design communication materials for internal and external use, including reports, newsletters, information pages, presentations and more
- Plan and design materials for social media use
- Ensure all designs are created according to guidelines and easily accessible to the Marketing, Fund Development and National team
We are looking for someone with the below essential skills:
- Access to email
- Strong written communication skills
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Reliable work habits
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, with consistent follow-up
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Professional experience as a Graphic designer is an asset
- Knowledge of web design and layout is an asset
Approximately 3-5 hours a week. This is a work-from-home position, with occasional meetings (in-person and/or conference calls.) A 3 to 6 month commitment is strongly preferred.
Shelter Movers Provides you with:
- An opportunity to make a positive impact, helping women and children transition away from violence/abuse.
- Experience in the operations of a social service agency.
- Experience in graphic design, communication and marketing fields in a professional capacity
- Training in preparation for your role, and access to ongoing training opportunities.
- The ability to work with a great team of passionate volunteers and supporters.
- After 3 months of satisfactory service, a confirmation of volunteering can be provided.
- After 6 months of satisfactory service, a personalized reference letter can be provided.
Shelter Movers volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, complete a police check, and attend an orientation of no more than three hours.