Art Vancouver is Western Canada's international art fair. This premier event takes place from April 25th to April 28, 2019 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Last year's event connected 7000+ guests with artwork from over 90 local, national and international artists.
We are looking for highly skilled individuals who have experience and confidence to write and research grants for the arts.
*** All Art Vancouver volunteers will be rewarded with passes to our event and/or satellite events in Vancouver. Committed volunteers will have an opportunity to receive a reference letter from Vancouver Visual Art Foundation ***
For more information about Art Vancouver, please visit www.artvancouver.net
- Writing grants, contacting government grants for information
- Liaising with the Art! Vancouver team to identify potential sponsors, artists and performers for our 2019 event
- Contacting potential sponsors, artists and performers and keeping appropriate records of all communication
- Ensure the database is kept accurate and up-to-date by recording informational changes such as mailing preferences, address details and financial information
- Establish partnerships with arts businesses
- Work with an Events Coordinator and other fundraising team members to ensure sponsorships are processed correctly and supporters are thanked
- Create sponsorship reports, contacting and building relationships with sponsors to continue cooperation in the future
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with grant writing
- Enthusiasm and a keen interest in visual arts and events management are desireable
- Experienced user of email and Microsoft Office
- Experience/Qualifications in this field are preferable but not essential
The following Art Vancouver volunteers are able to work from home and volunteer hours are flexible/negotiable.