Go Girls! Mentor - Tri-Cities (Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody)
Summary: Go Girls! Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds Program
This eight-week group mentoring program for girls aged 10-14 promotes active living, balanced eating, and developing positive self-esteem and confidence.
Go Girls! Mentors use program curriculum to lead activities and discussions for a group of 8-10 girls at each school. School placements are based on volunteer availability and distance. Each program is led by 2-3 co-mentors.
The Go Girls! program runs in select Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody middle schools for girls in grades 6-8, typically from 3-5pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays.
Application Deadline: Monday March 9th 2020
We are currently accepting applications for our Spring term, which runs from April 20 through June 19 2020, with exact start/end dates depending on the school. We encourage applicants to submit applications as soon as possible as we process applications on a first come, first serve basis.
Mandatory Mentor Training is on Saturday April 4th 2020.
- Recommended 19-30 years of age.
- Self-identified female or non-binary individual.
- Canadian resident for the past year.
- Available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and/or Thursdays from 3-5pm during the program term.
- Clear Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Passionate about healthy living and self-esteem.
- Reliable, resourceful, and interested in building relationships with children.
- Improve your leadership, group facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Gain experience working with youth and group management within a school environment.
- Become part of the Go Girls! Mentor community.