Gift Shop Volunteer
Louis Brier Home & Hospital is seeking retired or senior volunteers to run our gift shop on Mondays and Fridays from noon to 4pm. Repsonsibilities include handling cash sales with residents, visitors and staff, opening and closing shop, restocking shelves, tidying and organizing merchandise and selling a variety of items e.g. gift ware, snacks, toiletries etc.
- Retail experience and knowledge of dementia would be helpful but not mandatory.
- Genuine interest, patience and compassion for the elderly, ability to communicate conversationally in English.
- Volunteers must complete a criminal record check up hire (no cost to volunteer)
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months and prove reliable and dependable.
- Potential volunteer(s) can assist on one or both days.
Orientation to facility and training will be provided. Gain valuable retail and healthcare experience, improve your communication skills and gain experience in provide service to a variety of customers including residents, visitors and staff. Participate in a sociable and comfortable learning environment.