General Board Member
ARE YOU OUR NEWEST BOARD MEMBER?
Realwheels is an award-winning, Vancouver-based theatre company with a mission to deepen audiences' understanding of the disability experience. A vital part of Realwheels work is community engagement. www.realwheels.ca
We're seeking a conscientious, preferably experienced board member to help strengthen our ability to combine theatrical excellence with a commitment to inclusion around disability.
Persons living with disability and retired persons are welcome to apply.
Board members serve a three-year term, with eligibility for renewal. The board meets approximately 8x/year and is actively engaged in articulating and supporting the company's strategic initiatives.
- A pragmatic yet imaginative mindset, with a strong interest in serving the non-profit arts sector.
- A big picture visionary, with ability to recognize priorities and a willingness to roll up your sleeves, join the team, and help us reach our objectives.
- Experience in the non-profit world and/or with the disability community (preferred, not essential)
- Experience in the arts and with an arts board (preferred, not essential).
- Cultural philanthropy mindset
A meaningful board experience and an opportunity for enrichment.
Insight and direct connection to the performing arts.
Engagement with the disability community.