FUNDRAISING & SPONSORSHIPS
Art Vancouver is Western Canada's international art fair. This premier event takes place from April 25th to 28th, 2019 at the Vancouver Convention Centre. Last year's event connected 7000+ guests with artwork from over 90 local, national and international artists.
We are looking for highly skilled individuals who have experience and confidence to fundraise for our non-profit organization.
*** All Art Vancouver volunteers will be rewarded with passes to our event and/or satellite events in Vancouver. Committed volunteers will have an opportunity to receive a reference letter from Vancouver Visual Art Foundation ***
For more information about Art Vancouver, please visit www.artvancouver.net
- Liaising with the Art Vancouver team to identify potential sponsors, artists and performers for our 2019 event
- Contacting potential sponsors, artists and performers and keeping appropriate records of all communication
- Communicating with sponsors, artists and performers to ensure they have the necessary information
- Ensure the database is kept accurate and up-to-date by recording informational changes such as mailing preferences, address details and financial information
- Establish partnerships with arts businesses
- Work with an Events Coordinator and other fundraising team members to ensure sponsorships are processed correctly and supporters are thanked
- Create sponsorship reports, contacting and building relationships with sponsors to continue cooperation in the future
- Take responsibility for the fundraising materials update
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability reach out to, and recruit potential sponsors, artists, and performers for our 2018 event
- Ability to provide sponsors, artists, and performers with the necessary information regarding our event
- Ability to show initiative and work independently (working from home is possible), but also able to work as part of a wider team and report back to team members
- Enthusiasm and a keen interest in visual arts and events management are desireable
- Experienced user of email and Microsoft Office
- Experience/Qualifications in this field are preferable but not essential
The following Art Vancouver volunteers are able to work from home and volunteer hours are flexible/negotiable.