Founded in 1976, the Outdoor Recreation Council (ORC) of BC is a registered charity and works on behalf of more than 50 provincial and regional member organizations to protect and promote responsible outdoor recreation. Specifically, we work to encourage British Columbians to actively participate in outdoor recreational activities that will enhance their physical, social and mental well-being; advocate for and facilitate access to public lands and waters for outdoor recreation; build bridges between outdoor recreation groups; and encourage the safe and responsible use of the outdoors through education programs promoting safety and outdoor ethics.
The ORC is looking for support to help increase our fundraising capacity. This position reports directly to the executive director.
- Identify prospective funders and donors through research.
- Update calendar of application deadlines and contact information.
- Develop letters of interest and funding applications.
- Develop supporting material including cases for support.
- Enthusiasm and a keen interest in outdoor recreation are desireable.
- Excellent research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced user of email and Microsoft Office
- Ability to show initiative and work independently, but also able to work as part of a wider team and report back to team members
- Experience/Qualifications in this field are preferable but not essential