Fundraising Committee Members
WISH is looking for women with a passion for increasing the health, safety and well-being of some of the most marginalized women in our community to join its fundraising committee. The fundraising committee is a sub-committee of the board of directors. Fundraising committee members:
• Provide input and guidance into development of the annual campaign, including direct mail, personal solicitation and events fundraising.
• Engage in the execution of all aspects of the annual fundraising campaign, including marketing efforts, personal solicitation, and the acknowledgement process
• Help plan and implement campaigns to solicit funds, including personal solicitation, auctions, events, etc.
WISH is a trans-inclusive organization that is committed to recruiting women who represent the diversity of our communities. We particularly encourage Aboriginal women, women of colour, women with disabilities and women from the DTES community to apply.
Our general requirements for Fundraising Committee members are:
- Interest and/or experience in fields relating to Fund Development and Communications/Media/Marketing.
- A willingness to familiarize themselves with WISH’s mandate, values, programs and services.
- A willingness to take initiative and actively provide leadership
- Meet once a month to discuss and plan the fundraising campaign
- Actively participate in fundraising events, networking events and profile raising events
Women with interest and/or experience the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Fund Development
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Media Relations
WISH is a very special organization that is a lifeline for some of the most marginalized women in our city. Participating on the Fundraising Committee is an opportunity to help us build capacity and raise the profile of WISH. Committee members gain valuable experience in the non-profit sector. Letters of reference are available for members who fulfill the general requirements of the committee and serve for a term of six months or more.