Front Desk Receptionist
We are looking for a friendly, dedicated Friday morning front desk receptionist. The receptionist will greet members, schedule appointments, take payments, and answer inquiries about the centre.
The South Granville Seniors Centre is a non-profit seniors' centre located in the South Granville area that offers a variety of social, recreational, and wellness programs and services for older adults aged 55+. Our low-cost programs and services are an important means of keeping seniors in our community connected and socially engaged.
Our volunteer receptionists are a core part of our volunteer team. They work closely with staff, centre members, and other volunteers to assist with centre administration and guest services.
(1) Schedule appointments and answer inquiries about centre programs and services over the phone and in person.
(2) Take payments and balance money at the end of the shift.
(3) Work cooperatively with staff and assist with office communications and organization as needed.
(4) Be a friendly presence for members and volunteers.
(1) A pleasant and patient demeanor and phone manner. A sense of humor is a great asset!
(2) Experience handling small amounts of cash.
(3) Some office and computer skills are beneficial but not required (training will be provided).
Benefits & Recognition
- Gain experience working with seniors in a non-profit environment.
- Have an opportunity to give back to the community in a meaningful way and to positively influence the lives of seniors in our community.
- Be a part of a beautiful, supportive and close-knit community of volunteers.
- Reference letters and certificates available for regular volunteers (after three months).
Volunteer application & interview | Criminal Records check (covered by South Granville Seniors Centre)