Food distribution site volunteering
Each week we assist 28,000 people to access food through our distribution locations and partner agencies located in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and North Vancouver. We are currently seeking assistance from folks who can help us unload the truck, help with distribution, and help with set up/ clean up. We are looking for volutneers at all of the locations listed below!
Our Mission: Providing healthy food to those in need.
Our Vision: Healthy communities through fair and effective food systems.
- Winston Street (8345 Winston Street, Burnaby) - Tuesday-Friday 9:00am-2:30pm
- New Westminster Hub (Moody Park, New Westminster) - Thursday 8:30am-1:00pm
- North Shore (North Shore Neighbourhood House, 225 2nd street East, North Vancouver) - Wednesday 3:00pm-6:30pm
- Mount Pleasant (Mount Pleasant Community Centre, 1 Kingsway, Vancouver) - Thursday and Friday 9:30am-2:30pm
All volunteers must be 18 years or older. Ideally able to lift 20 - 50 lbs.
Please note that we really do appreciate committed volunteers, however if you would like to join us for a shift every month that would be great as well.
We will provide more information about specific locations and shifts once you apply. Here's the link to apply online: https://app.betterimpact.com/Application?OrganizationGuid=761b1b0c-2275-...
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your duties will depend on your specific volunteer role, and may include:
- Assisting with setting up the space, including moving tables and setting out food on tables
- Talking and supporting our clients
- Distributing food to our clients
- Creating a warm and welcoming environment for our clients
Training and support is provided at the start of every shift
Benefits and impact:
Helping families in need
Meeting like-minded volunteers who share a love for those in the community
We can provide a confirmation of hours letter
Volunteers will receive training and support
All volunteers must apply to volunteer with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank
All volunteers must be 18 years or older
*Due to Covid-19 pandemic we require our volunteers to wear facemaks and gloves. We do provide volunteers with Personal Protective Equipment.