Family Drop-In Volunteers
The Downtown East Side Neighbourhood House is looking for volunteers to help with our Family Drop-In program every Thursday from 3:30pm to 6:30 pm.
The Family Drop-in program creates a welcoming, safe, and fun environment for local families to come spend time at after school. As part of the program, we provide our families with snacks, arts and crafts, workshops, a play space, and end the evening by and sharing a nutritious family meal together. The ages of kids present range anywhere from newborns to teenagers. It’s a great mix of people and a fun atmosphere.
We are hoping to find some volunteers that can help us out on Thursdays!
Volunteer duties include:
- Food preperation
- Kitchen duties (e.g. doing dishes, general clean up of the kitchen)
- Setting up and taking down the space
- Doing arts and crafts with kids
- Playing other games with kids/teens
Please note that applicants are required to undergo a criminal record background check for this role.
If you are interested, please send Kim an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you want to volunteer with families in the downtown eastside :) We will get back to you with the appropriate forms and when you can come in to the space to check it out.
For more information about the Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood House, our programs and how you can be involved with us, please visit: www.dtesnhouse.ca
- Comfort and experience working around children and their parents
- Experience working with food preparation
- Past experience volunteering or working in the Downtown Eastside is preferred
- Reliable schedule (we require a 12 week commitment)
- Ability to speak another language is an asset