EVENT SET UP/TEAR DOWN VOLUNTEERS
Our current event is called Art Downtown which is an outdoor art exhibition that takes place at Lot 19 (855 west hastings street) from now till September 30th, every Wednesday and Friday.
We are looking for volunteers to assist us with the set up, tear down and during the event assiting artists. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and an insight into events mamagement.
*** All Art Vancouver volunteers will be rewarded with passes to our event and/or satellite events in Vancouver. Committed volunteers will have an opportunity to receive reference letter from Vancouver Visual Art Foundation ***
For more information about Art Vancouver, please visit www.artvancouver.net
- Work closely with Event Set Up Team Leader to ensure both the set up and tear down run smoothly
- Ensuring event set up and tear down are completed accurately, safely and efficiently according to event plan and diagrams through to completion
- Assist in physical tasks such as moving, lifting, etc.
- Support artists and exhibitors with their requests
- Create and maintain a safe working environment for yourself and others
- Physically fit and able to complete basic practical tasks (e.g. setting up and moving tables/chairs, etc)
- A positive 'can-do' attitude and sense of humor
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions and support Art! Vancouver staff and exhibiting artists/galleries as required
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- A clear understanding of health and safety and the ability to work in such a way to minimise risk to self and others
- Abiltiy to show intiative and work independently, but to also able to work as part of a wider team and report back to team members
- Enthusiasm and a keen interest in visual arts and events are desireable
- Experience/Qualifications in this field are preferable but not essential
Event Set Up/Tear Down volunteers will need to be available for set up and tear down. Various shift times will be available (tbc). We look forward to hearing from you!