Oak Avenue Neighbourhood Hub Society is a neighbourhood house connecting and bringing people from all walks of life together to thrive in our homes, communities and city. Our demographic is diverse and our programs meet community members where they are at- whether they are seniors, youth, or young families, newcomers or long-time residents, and low-income or in difficult transitions.
- Sorting donated items that we receive throughout the week (ie, clothes, toys, books, household goods)
- Boxing up and correctly labelling full boxes
- A desire to help and contribute to the community
- Ability to work as a team player
- Organization skills an asset
- Increased connection with community members
- Contributing to the smooth running of a community organization
- Enjoyment from helping others
- Develop personal and professional skills
- Lunch provided on Tuesdays
- Letter of reference
A Criminal Record Check is required for all volunteers.
Hours: Tuesdays from 10am- 2pm