The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB provides support to approximately 8,500 people each month across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to approximately 90 community agencies throughout these communities, such as housing agencies, women and children’s shelters and after school programs, who in turn provide meals and snacks to thousands of people each week.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes 5M lbs of food each year.
The GVFB is a proud winner of two prestigious awards: Canada's Top 100 Employers 2021 and BC's Top Employers 2021!
Vancouver (1428 Charles, Vancouver):
Tuesday: 9:00am to 4:30pm or 9am to 1pm or 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Wednesday 12pm to 7.30pm or 12pm to 4pm and 3.30pm to 7.30pm
Thurday: 9:00am to 4:30pm or 9am to 1pm or 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Friday: 9:00am to 4:30pm or 9am to 1pm or 12.30pm to 4.30pm
Winston Street (8345 Winston Street, Burnaby):
Tuesday: 2:00 pm to 7.30 pm
Wednesday: 9:00am to 2:30pm
Thursday: 9:00am to 2:30pm
Friday: 9:00am to 2:30pm
New Westminster (613 Queens Avenue, New Westminster)
Thursday: 8:30am to 1:00pm
All volunteers must be 18 years or older. Ideally able to lift 20 - 50 lbs.
We will provide more information about specific locations and shifts once you apply. Here's the link to apply online: https://app.betterimpact.com/Application?OrganizationGuid=761b1b0c-2275-...
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your duties will depend on your specific volunteer role, and may include:
- Assist with unloading and reloading food boxes from truck. Please note boxes of food can be as heavy as 25 lbs or more.
- Assisting with setting up the space, including moving tables and putting food on the tables
- Greating and chatting with clients; helping to create a warm and welcoming environment
- Distributing food to our clients
- Training and support is provided to assist you to be successful in your role
*Staff is present on-site if you have any questions or concerns
Benefits and impact:
- Helping families in need and giving back to the community
- Meeting like-minded volunteers who share a love for those in the community
- Learning new skills
- Volunteers will receive necessary training and support
- We can provide a confirmation of hours letter or a reference letter after completing 80 hours of volunteering with us
All volunteers must apply to volunteer with the Greater Vancouver Food Bank, please use this registration form
All volunteers must pass a Criminal Record Check
All volunteers must be 18 years or older