Digital Media Specialist
The Outdoor Recreation Council (ORC) of BC is a registered charity and works on behalf of more than 50 provincial and regional member organizations to protect and promote responsible outdoor recreation. Specifically we work to encourage British Columbians to actively participate in outdoor recreational activities that will enhance their physical, social and mental well-being; advocate for and facilitate access to public lands and waters for outdoor recreation; build bridges between outdoor recreation groups; and encourage the safe and responsible use of the outdoors through education programs promoting safety and outdoor ethics.
We are looking for an exceptional and savvy communications professional who'll help the ORC develop, deliver and evaluate our digital communications program across various channels (website and social media). This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Create an annual calendar that highlights different themes, events and content ideas.
- Help to create content across our digital channels. This could include blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos and videos.
- Develop a simple evaluation program that provides progress reports and insights.
- Working knowledge in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives
- Knowledge of digital marketing current best practices
- Knowledge of media strategy and planning options.
- 4+ years experience or equivalent exposure OR BA or BS with focus on communication
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Experience with leveraging social media management and analytics tools (including working knowledge of Google Analytics).
- Experience writing, editing and crafting content for the social media space.