Louis Brier Home and Hospital is home to 215 residents and is in contract with the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. Louis Brier is part of a continuum of care known as the Snider Campus, which also includes the Weinberg Residence – a boutique Assisted Living and Multi-Level Care residence adjacent to Louis Brier.
We are seeking warm, friendly and professional volunteers for our front reception desks to cover 8-10 am and 1-3 pm shifts, 7 days per week. Volunteers may choose multiple shifts per week or just one. No answering phones required, just be available to greet people coming in to the facility and help direct them if nessessary.
This position requires a minimum 6 month commitment, however a year or more would be fabulous!
This would be a wonderful opportunity for someone retired who would like to stay connected to the community.
- first point of contact for those coming into the facilities.
- greeting and directing residents and family members.
- You have the ability to communicate with sensitivity and deal with people in a calm and empathetic manner.
- Ability to work independently (training provided)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Punctual and reliable.
- strong command of the English language.
- Minimum 6 month commitment required.
- This position would be an excellent opportunity for someone retired.