Community Engagement Assistant
Born from the vision of Chief Dr. Robert Joseph, Gwawaenuk Elder, Reconciliation Canada is a charitable nonpartisan, national initiative that promotes reconciliation by engaging Canadians from every part of society in open and honest dialogue and transformative experiences that revitalize relationships among Indigenous peoples and all Canadians.
The Community Engagement Assistant will help with the logistical aspects of the Community Engagement programs and initiatives in preparation for the Walk for Reconciliation event in September, 2017, including Reconciliation Dialogue Workshops, cultural events, committee meetings.
• Research, develop and maintain the database of community outreach contacts and partners
• Support the Community Engagement Manager with the booking of host venues, catering, presentations for Community Engagement programs, including Reconciliation Dialogue Workshops, cultural events and committee meetings
• Support the invitation process for all Community Engagement program participants, including but not limited to: initial email and phone outreach, invitation and RSVP process, continued communication to answer any questions and/or concerns that might arise
• Coordinate the preparation and distribution of electronic/hard copy materials for all Community Engagement programs
• Research for the respective traditional territory, and coordinate the preparation of any protocol materials and/or gifts
• Raise awareness of the Walk for Reconciliation event in September, 2017 by staffing Reconciliation Canada booths at community events and festivals across Greater Vancouver Area
• Enthusiastic and outgoing personality to support working with a wide variety of people
• Experience in logistics, community engagement and outreach activities
• Experience working with Indigenous communities is an asset
• Outgoing and comfortable engaging members of the public in conversations about Reconciliation Canada
• Experience in administration, including data entry and file management
• Professional verbal communication skills
• Passion, integrity, and energy!
Benefits & Recognition
• Personally contribute to the reconciliation process through a direct impact on public participation in Reconciliation Canada initiatives
• Meet and work with like-minded people on a common goal of importance to our nation
• Build on community engagement and coordination skills
• Inspire positive change and make a difference to the future of Canada