Community Dinner Volunteer
Oak Avenue Neighbourhood Hub Society is a neighbourhood house connecting and bringing people from all walks of life together to thrive in our homes, communities and city. Our demographic is diverse and our programs meet community members where they are at- whether they are seniors, youth, or young families, newcomers or long-time residents, and low-income or in difficult transitions.
Our community meals and events flourish under the care of our volunteers. Our community dinners are both for newcomers and longtime resident in Surrey: a student, young family, single or retiree, there is a place for everyone in our community. The dinners are held on Second Saturday of each month at 4pm. We need volunteers to help with the set up of the hall, preparing foood, serving, and clean up at the end. Volunteers will be working from once a month on the second Saturday of the month from 2:00-6:00pm.
- Serving entrees to dinner guests
- Serving desserts to dinner guests
- Preparing beverage and coffee
- Scraping plates, helping with pots and pans
- Plating meals and assisting our chef with last-minute tasks such as rolling silverware, cutting fruits and vegetables, or preparing sides
- Registering dinner guests using the sign in sheet
- Helping with the general clean-up and take down
Bring a positive attitude and a passion for working for your community.