Community Advocacy Volunteer
Are you passionate about creating change in the Vancouver area? We're looking for volunteers that want to help us step up our advocacy efforts when it comes to creating more accessible people-friendly public spaces. All of our meetings are held virtually this year, and you can commit to as little or as much time as you'd like while you volunteer. We understand these are strange times for everyone, so we'll work with you to create the volunteer experience that you're looking for.
Volunteers will be supporting advocacy efforts related to the Car Free Vancouver Society's goals. This includes:
- street closures to provide more people-friendly space
- increased and better protected bike lanes
- transit-related improvements
- accessibility & inclusion concerns as they relate to public space
Volunteers will be able to help with whatever areas they are most comfortable with or would like to gain experience with. Some of the examples of things that could be done include the following list, but we are also open to other ways of volunteering if you have a particular idea in mind.
- Researching different aspects of the issue and what needs to be considered
- Helping to write and compile communications materials for emails, our website, and social media
- Assisting with outreach to increase awareness
- Helping to build community relationships with other organizations and individuals that are either affected by the issue we are addressing or that have important input that we want to be sure to include in our approach
No experience required.
A computer with internet access and the ability to join video or audio calls will be required to participate. Alternatively, a phone can be used to call into the meetings as well. If you have concerns or questions about accessibility or the feasibility of participating in virtual meetings, please reach out to us.