Children and Youth Programming Assistant
As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
Working closely with CMHA staff, volunteers will help with recreational programming for children and youth at two BC Housing sites located in Abbotsford.
- Assist CMHA staff in providing recreational activities at two BC Housing sites in Abbotsford
- Working with at risk and disadvantaged children and youth aged 5-18 as well as their families, volunteers will assist staff to deliver activities including arts, music, games as well as other educational and mentoring components
- Volunteers are required to be available for at least one shift a week.
- Interest in mental health and illness
- Experience working with people with different backgrounds, cultures or life experiences
- Volunteers should enjoy working with youth and be willing to join in on games and activities
- Students in the psychology, recreation, social services, health care, youth or child care or the education fields would be especially interested in this volunteer program
-Volunteers will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
-Volunteers should have a reliable means of transportation to Cedarhurst and Fernview BC Housing sites
-Volunteers will be invited to CMHA volunteer recognition events as well as access to other CMHA volunteer and job postings