Child Care Volunteer for the Families Branching Out Parents Circle
The Families Branching Out Parents Circle is for parents, grandparents, and caregivers of children from 0-6 years old. During the circle, parents share ideas, develop parenting skills, and connect more to the community and the resources available to them. Child care volunteers are needed to support the program and provide childminding services. The program runs from Mondays from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm at Collingwood Neighbourhood House, 5288 Joyce St., Vancouver.
- Provide care for children aged 10 months to 2 years
- Monitor children’s play activities
- Interact with the children to enhance their learning
- Set up toys and equipment for the session
- Organize and store toys after each session
- Elaboration of learning materials (occasionally)
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children
- Interest to support child development
- Some child care experience needed, either as a nanny, babysitter, daycare worker, etc.
- Minimum 6 months commitment
- Criminal Record Search
- First Aid Training (not required but preferred)
This is an opportunity to make new friends, learn positive ways to support each other and share resources and special abilities/talents. You will also receive training about child care and other topics of interest.