The Wideman Education Foundation (WEF), launched in 2007, is an autonomous volunteer organization and registered charity, created to promote sound project management capabilities, especially among young people. We advance education by providing workshops and educational competitions to students and practitioners on the theory and practice of project management principles and skills.
For more information about WEF, please visit http://www.widemaneducationfoundation.org
We are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our volunteer board as the Treasurer
The Treasurer is expected to:
- Develop an annual operating budget covering the intended programs and projects;
- Monitor the financial activities of the Foundation;
- Issue official WEF receipts for donations received;
- Ensure that complete and accurate records are kept of all the Foundation's financial matters in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices;
- Act as a signing authority for the Foundation as approved in the By-law or by resolution of the Board;
- Provide the Board, monthly or as otherwise required, a report of all financial transactions and of the financial position of the Foundation;
- File the Foundation's Annual Financial Report to the Federal government and Annual Report to Provincial government.
This is a working board role with expectations of attendance at monthly board meetings, annual general meeting and strategic planning sessions. The Director of Marketing is also expected to deliver on the marketing plan along with supporting our annual WEF Competition.
If you are interested in being part of the board of directors of this valuable organization please send a cover letter and resume to
- Annual government filing
- Monthly finance report
- Foundation signing authority
Suitable financial experience or accrediation and familiarity with GAAP