Zee Zee’s role in the theatre community is to bridge the gap between queer and mainstream theatre and to cross-pollinate with non-theatre communities by engaging them in non-theatre settings. This becomes a platform to discuss the kind of work we do and usher in a new generation of theatre patrons.
In our second decade, we are in need of supportive, passionate arts advocates who believe in and value the work we do at Zee Zee and can thereby offer advice as well as assistance with publicity, new audiences outreach and fundraising outreach to new donors/ sponsorship opportunities. Given Zee Zee’s stage of development, with a small, part time paid staff, we are a working board with members contributing actively with their skills and time.
We recognize that Indigenous and Black folks bear the greatest impacts from colonialism, slavery and genocide and remain most impacted by the ongoing effects of systemic racism and that their perspectives are vital. For that reason we are seeking two, specifically IBPOC board members with priority given to Indigenous and Black folks to join our diverse board of eight people.
- Attend a minimum of 4 board meetings a year and actively contribute to virtual work of the board in between meetings
- Actively contribute to the work of at least one committee and attend committee meetings
- Attend main stage show min. twice: opening night & 1 other performance with 1 new audience member
- If comfortable, give one pre-show introduction during run of main stage show
- Attend readings and special events, (max 3 per year), bringing 1 new audience member
- Offer advice and support via email with Artistic and Executive Director
- General promotional support in so far as social media & email reminders to personal networks
- Soliciting donations & sponsorship through personal networks with guidance from fundraising committee
- Donate to Zee Zee with a financial gift that is in your top 3 annual gifts and significant within your means (no specific dollar amount)
- A maximum of two, three-year terms of service
- Annual self evaluation with President and Artistic and Executive Director prior to Annual General Meeting
- Fulfill the job descriptions of the positions they hold on the board
- Bring forth 3 candidates over the course of your term with the goal of replacing yourself
Board members will receive four complimentary tickets to all Zee Zee productions for you and your guests. As well as acknowledgement in show programs and on our website.
We're looking for folks with lived experience of some of the following: fundraising, finance, governance, community organizing and education.
Folks with experience being on not-for-proft arts boards is an asset but not a requirement.
The ideal board member would have the time and be willing to be a part of building the society both at the logistical as well as ideological levels.
All staff, board, volunteers and contractors must sign our Community Guidelines. These can be found on the website https://zeezeetheatre.ca/about/communityguidelines/
To see the current board please visit https://zeezeetheatre.ca/about/board/
Visit https://zeezeetheatre.ca/ for a full history of our productions.