BC Artistic Swimming is pleased to announce that we are seeking candidates for nomination to our Board of Directors.
BC Artistic Swimming (BCAS) is the governing body for artistic swimming in BC and a grassroots organization of passionate people in communities across the province who are growing our sport, one athlete at a time.
Supporting athletes of all ages and abilities is critical for the growth of artistic swimming in BC and was the motivation to organize BCAS under three equal pillars: Operations, High Performance, and Sport Development. Under this structure, with exceptional professional leadership and expert advisory committees for each pillar, BCAS supports all members, communities, and programs in BC.
In doing so, we are guided by five key values:
- We are connected as a True Sport COMMUNITY
- We strive for EXCELLENCE
- We offer INCLUSIVE programs
- We act with INTEGRITY
- We communicate RESPECTFULLY
The Board of Directors is elected by BCAS’s members each year at its Annual General Meeting. The Board oversees the affairs of the organization and ensures the organization can effectively carry out its mission. BCAS’s Directors are not representatives of specific regions or groups of members, but rather collectively make decisions for the good of the whole organization. BC Artistic Swimming is seeking candidates with accounting, insurance, marketing, and legal expertise.
To learn more about BC Artistic Swimming, please visit our website at www.bcartisticswimming.ca.
- be at least 18 years of age;
- not have been found by any court to be incapable of managing their affairs;
- not be an undischarged bankrupt;
- not have been convicted of an offence in connection with the promotion, formation or management of a corporation or unincorporated entity, or of an offence involving fraud, in each case in the time periods and circumstances prescribed by the Societies Act;
- be resident in British Columbia;
- be nominated and seconded by an Athlete Member or General Member of BC Artistic Swimming
- consent to the nomination prior to the election
- be elected in accordance with the BC Artistic Swimming Bylaws
- upon election, comply with the Code of Conduct and all BC Artistic Swimming policies including the provision of a current criminal record check
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated expertise in acccounting, insurance, marketing, and legal.